Facts & Myths
10 Oxygen FACTS
- Each stressful event in our life can drop our oxygen level drastically
- We are at best breathing 20% oxygen (depending on altitude and pollution level)
- Our oxygen level drops on average of 5 points per ten years of life after 40.
- Between ages 30-40 our oxygen level drops the most (up to 10 points)
- The danger zone is an oxygen level of 60 or less
- You could live longer if properly supplied with oxygen and are in good health
- Our best oxygen score is 100 (normally found in young children)
- We may be able to keep your oxygen level at 99-100 if we do EWOT regularly
- Breathing O2 from an oxygen generator should be set at 5-6 liters per minute
- You do not need to be a doctor or have one prescribe oxygen. Only 100% pure oxygen requires a prescription (oxygen tanks).
Examples of oxygen killers
We can help to neutralize the results of these stress factors by simply breathing higher levels of O2 during exercise. It's that simple.
- smoking (each time you smoke you can drop 10 points)
- alcohol (one molecule of alcohol kills 3 molecules of oxygen)
- mental overstrain (death of a loved one, yelling at someone, etc.)
- physical overstrain (boxing, marathon running, heavy weight lifting, endurance cycling) lack of exercise
- total bed rest
- drugs (most)
- extensive burns
- traveling (business & pleasure)
Stop the morning hangover:
Breathe oxygen for 10 minutes before you go to bed and ten minutes when you wake up. Your blood alcohol level can drop by up to .01% (reducing a hangover greatly). Every molecule of alcohol kills 3 molecules of oxygen. This is why you feel "drunk." Lack of 02!
Exercising with Oxygen...
- Increases the amount of oxygen in the blood plasma
- Increases strength during exercise which allows you to burn more calories in the same time frame (i.e., you can exercise harder than usual without fatigue)
- Can increase your pO2 levels higher than that of a healthy 20 year old
- Can be done while riding a stationary bike, elliptical, or using a treadmill.
- Can provide a higher level of mental clarity
- Can provide an increase in energy
The heart goes into spasm largely due to lack of oxygen. Deep breathing increases oxygen levels and reduces strain on the heart.
A: Exercising "increases" the oxygen intake and therefor increases your body's oxygen content. Quite the opposite. The more strenuous the exercise, the more oxygen consumed than what you breath in.
B. Oxygen is only for elderly or injured. If the elderly used O2 during exercise in their younger years, they many not have to be on "medical grade oxygen" during their later years.
C. Breathing higher levels of oxygen can hurt you. Not true unless you have very low pH levels (i.e., body is acidic). Your pH level should be 7.4 (or close to it). You can obtain a "pH test with color chart" from your local pharmacy. If they don t have one, ask them to order it. It costs about $5.00.
D. Running high in the mountains is the best way to get "fresh air." Not true. The higher the altitude, the lower the O2 purity. Strenuous activity at high altitude is a major oxygen killer.